Fort Greene: Long Island University
Address: [Long Island University Pool] 1 University Plaza
Enter on Ashland Place between Dekalb & Willoughby
Nearby subway stops:
Parking:There is a parking lot on the corner of Ashland place & Dekalb Avenue.
Entering the facility:
Please take the elevator to level c and take a left through the white doors. Proceed down the hallway and make a right through the blue double doors leading directly onto the pool deck. Note: families are not permitted to enter through locker rooms. No one may enter opposite sex locker rooms, including parents and caregivers. With this in mind, we have provided changing tents on the pool deck to accommodate any families affected by this policy.
Seating for families and caregivers is located on deck along the white benches.
Facility specific rules:
Please note that all rules are enforced by the LIU staff.
- All swimmers, parents and caregivers must use same sex locker rooms.
- A parent or caregiver may escort children to the bathroom only after getting approval from either the Imagine swimming pool attendant or the LIU lifeguard on duty.
- Changing tents are provided on deck, in lieu of locker rooms. Imagine swimmers are required to change in these tents before and after lessons.
- All students must use the pool deck shower to rinse before class.
- Hallways behind pool must remain clear.
- Please do not bring any sort of food, glass or open containers. the facility requires that all beverages must be in plastic containers with a lid on them.
- Swimming caps must be worn by all swimmers.
Age groups: The pool is suited for ages 3 years & up.
Average water temperature: 83 degrees
No class days:
May 26, 27
The last Sunday class will be May 5th, resuming on September 8th
August 26, 27, 28, 29