Parent & Me
- Imagine's Parent & Me program begins at 6-months and continues until children turn three. Within this two and a half year period, parents are present in the water, guiding children into the aquatic world. Teaching basic water comfort and instinctual safety forms the core of these early lessons. Our Parent & Me classes are also musically-themed, as we introduce the rhythm and timing of basic movements in the water.
- Why do we start so young? Because Parent & Me swimming lessons are about much more than just learning to swim. Please take a look at this evidence in the link below, confirming the myriad development and social benefits of early swim lessons. http://www.slideshare.net/NDPA/lana-whitehead-scientific-benefits-of-early-swim-lessons
- Imagine's Parent & Me classes are divided into three groups, as follows:
- 6 - 18 months
- 9 - 35 months
- "Advanced Beginners"
- With wide developmental differences between, say, a 10-month old and a two and a half year old, it's essential that these age groups be separated. However, there are always some children who are just ready to go… In these cases, our Advanced Beginner (yes, a great oxymoron!) classes will cater to the more fearless children among us.
- NOTE: No matter how fearless or seemingly advanced a child may seem, Imagine feels strongly that it is imperative that parents remain in the water until children turn three.